Monday, July 26, 2010

Third to last post?

Captain's Log - Day 34

This, friends, could be the third to last entry in Huck Finn 2010.

At this point I know it may seem like it's enough already; there's not much to write about. Maybe you're thinking to yourself, "Why won't he just stop already? It's like Scrubs, man - that show should have ended after season 8 and probably after season 7. I can't even watch anymore - it's just painful and pointless! And I'd rather submerge myself in one of those Chuck E. Cheese ball pits and be trampled by snot-nosed kids with greasy pizza fingers than listen to the new lead character (Lucy Bennett) whine for 22 minutes!"

Hopefully that's not what you're thinking. But if you are, don't worry - the end is in sight!

I've accepted an offer on Plan C and as long as the cash arrives tomorrow morning, the trip will be officially over and we'll be headed north on Wednesday.

On Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll post some grand totals for the trip - days, miles, locks, maybe even fuel costs. May post some grand generalizations, as well :)

A brief explanation of these pictures ... I got really close to that duck! Also, that second picture is the closest I got to seeing a dead body. It was floating in the transient slip next to ours.

3 comments:

  1. Is that Simon floating? If so, please notify next of kin and send me his knife!
    The Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micah - Yikes!

    The Dad - That was my first thought too, but Simon hasn't been that pale since the first week into the trip!

    ReplyDelete